Re: latest wine config

* Richard Black (rblack@algorithmics.com) wrote:
> Hi all
>
> has anyone had any success with the latest wine version 2001011?  When I
> run it I get:
>
> Can't open configuration file /home/rblack/.wine/config
>
> This error remains if I copy my /etc/wine.conf to
> /home/rblack/.wine/config and if I do a fresh install (ie delete and
> reinstall wine)
>
> BTW, I noticed an error in the package script:
>
> ---
>   libwine wine
> 0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
>
> Need to get 0B/3812kB of archives. After unpacking 10.5MB will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> Preconfiguring packages ..
> libwine template parse error: Template parse error near `#!/bin/sh -e',
> in stanza #1 of /var/lib/debconf/config.10361
> ---
>
> thanks
>
> Richard

  Hi, Richard,

 I just "tried" to install and get wine running for the first time and
though it still doesn't run :-( I got the "config" issue that you seem
to be having, too, figured out. In the wine manual somewhere they
mention "old" and "new" config format. You can get your old wine.conf
converted to the "new" format by copying it to ~/.winerc
After doing that start wine and it will convert the config which you'll
be able to copy to ~/.wine/config

  Alex.
Oleksandr Moskalenko
Department of Agronomy