Re: cannot boot laptop after kernel upgrade

Quoting Pollywog (croak@shadypond.com):

> >  No, not a bad floppy.  I think ThinkPads only seem to boot with the
> >  Tecra disk.
> >
> >  >
> >  >  Did you try the Debian rescue floppy?
> >
> >  Yes, several of them.
>
> I just tried the Tecra disk (you sort of game me the idea) and that
> booted the machine.
> I never would have thought of that.
>
> Maybe I won't have to reinstall.

Perhaps that's just as well. Not only should you almost never have to
reinstall, but what's the first thing you do if you *do* decide to
re-install? Boot a linux kernel!

In which case you've fixed your problem.

Cheers,