Changing speed of PCI bus

Hello,

I am having some trouble with a PCI card; the trouble goes away if I
reduce the PCI bus speed slightly (by reducing the FSB speed of my ASUS
A7V mainboard from 100 to 95 MHz). The system (and the PCI bus) is not
overclocked or in any other way non-standard; I suspect that some
oscillator or something like that on the Adaptec is slowly breaking due
to its old age.

Is it possible to modify the speed of the PCI bus in a running Linux
environment? I.e., is there some command to temporarily reduce it and
return it to its original value later?

Thanks, Ekkehard