Re: Changing speed of PCI bus

To quote Ekkehard Kraemer <ekraemer@pluto.camelot.de>,
# I am having some trouble with a PCI card; the trouble goes away if I
# reduce the PCI bus speed slightly (by reducing the FSB speed of my
ASUS
# A7V mainboard from 100 to 95 MHz). The system (and the PCI bus) is not
# overclocked or in any other way non-standard; I suspect that some
# oscillator or something like that on the Adaptec is slowly breaking
due
# to its old age.
#
# Is it possible to modify the speed of the PCI bus in a running Linux
# environment? I.e., is there some command to temporarily reduce it and
# return it to its original value later?

In a word, no. This would require special hardware, and from what I know
of various low-level hardware bits, it would be rather difficult to do.
Sorry.

Dave

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)