Is there any way to prevent a package from upgrading?

I really like apt-get upgrade, but there's a package I don't want to
upgrade. The version of apsfilter in unstable right now says that it
requires a version of ghostscript that hasn't yet made it to unstable.
Perhaps it would be possible to make it work without the more recent
version of ghostscript, but I can't seem to get it to work, and I'm not
that interested in trying. I'm happy with how apsfilter works for me
right now.

Is there any way to mark a package so as to _not_ upgrade it? The
documentation on apt-get didn't enlighten me. Must I refrain from
apt-get upgrading?

Lance Simmons