automatically setting "From:" with mh

After months of on and off poking, I'm still stuck.  I've
tried reading assorted fm's, but get lost along the way.

I need to figure out how to get mh (or nmh) to automatically
include a specified From: line whenever it mails from my
account (or, even better, to get it to to include this in the
template I can edit.

I've foudn the setting to make myself a trusted user that *can*
set from:, and I've also found a system-wide template,
but I need the individual user setting.

As it is, I frequently forget to set the from: line.  Currently,
the machine is running 24/7, so it catches replies to such mail
anyway, but but it is slated to be replaced with a laptop--
so replies to such mailj could be lost in the future.

thanks

hawk

p.s.  I've set the reply-to: line, as my digests frequently get
garbled on inc