Re: video card suggestions

Nicole Zimmerman wrote:

> I am going to be purchasing a new system in the near future and am looking
> for suggestions on video cards. This system will be with me for quite some
> time, so I am looking for something that has at least decent support at
> the moment but not necessarily rock-solid.

bout every system i run is linux, and in my experience and preference
are
to 3dfx voodoo3 cards and matrox g400 cards. i do not wish to run XF86
4.x
anytime soon nor do i want to run linux 2.4 anytime soon so anything
that requires those(usually voodoo4/5 and the geforce series) are out
for me.

TNT2/TNT1 cards are also good although not the greatest for 3d accel
under
X3(although this may of changed since i last tried my TNT1 over a year
ago).

the 5 machines i have infront of me have
1 - voodoo 3 3500
2 - matrox g400 16mb
3 - matrox g400 16mb
4 - TNT1 16MB (running mandrake 7.0)
5 - Cirrus logic (intel dual proc server board, onboard video..)

all of em run debian 2.2r2 cept the mandrake machine.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336