**NVIDIA driver petition**

> P.S.: On the other hand, people could make an organized initiative to
> promote a petition to make NVidia aware of the Open Source movement
> and ask thm for open drivers.

I agree whole-heartedly with you on that, since even being quite happy with the performance of their TNT / GeForce stuff, this driver policy is close to being inacceptable to me, and now after they 'acquired' the 3dfx company, probably things might as well be this way, soon, with the drivers for Voodoo(x) - chipset based display cards. Seeing the fact that most Debian users I know are considering the idea of OpenSource or even 'free software' according to Stallman's ideas an important thing, I guess that this list would be a good place to at least get started this petition idea, to gather some folks which would be willing to sign and to continue this off-list, then... Please write me if you're also using an NVidia-chipset based card and if you also dislike their way of distributing device drivers and thus introducing proprietary pieces of software in a basically open operating system...

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Kristian Rink

Alles unter einem Dach: Informationen, Fun, E-Mails. Bei WEB.DE: http://web.de