Re: Grub vs LILO

Just FYI you can also swap disks with LILO.
(I've not often seen it mentioned so I guess I'll say it aloud here)

Apart from the syntax that was a bit more evoluted than GRUB's it is
exactly the same.
It's something like this:

  map-drive = 0x80              # Logically swap the drives so that when
they
    to = 0x81                   #  are accessed via the BIOS, the second
drive
  map-drive = 0x81              #  will appear as the first and the
first as
    to = 0x80                   #  the second.

(from http://www.wwnet.net/~stevelim/booting.html)

LILO's not dead (yet) :-)

Romain