Re: Grub vs LILO

     While of the GRUB gurus are listening, I have two minor problems
with GRUB.  I have the following stanzas in my menu (linux stanzas
omitted):

      # For booting DOS
      title DOS 6.22 on /dev/hda1
      hide (hd1,0)
      unhide (hd0,0)
      root (hd0,0)
      makeactive
      chainloader  +1

      # For booting Windows95
        title WIN95 on /dev/hdb1
        unhide (hd1,0)
        hide (hd0,0)
        map (hd1) (hd0)
        map (hd2) (hd1)
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        makeactive
        chainloader  +1

     The DOS stanza works perfectly, but when boot Windows from this,
I get a message saying:

     Non-System disk or disk-error
     Replace and press any key when ready

     When I press [ENTER], it boots normally.

     After it is booted, Windows thinks hd1 (/dev/hdb) is C: and hd2
(/dev/hdc) is D:.  This is what is desired.  However, it thinks
/dev/hdc is also E:.  Neither of these are more than minor
irritations, but it would be nice to cure them.  (In the Windows
stanza I have used both rootnoverify (hd0,0) and root (hd0,0) without
making any difference.)

Bob
--
   _