Re: Machine/Domain Name

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:07:31AM +0000, cls/cs wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:51:17AM -0500, Christopher W. Aiken wrote:
> >
> > My Debian system has a name of "darkstar.localdomain"
> > When I'm at home I can no longer send email to my office
> > because of "spam" filters that were setup to reject any
> > mail from rdsomains that are unresolvable.
> >
> > I have exim setup with my ISP's smtp server for outgoing
> > mail.  Mail gets delivered to everyone I send to except
> > to my office.
> >
> > How do I change the name of my machine to darkstar.cwaiken.com?
> > cwaiken.com is my domain name at a re-director service and is
> > resolvable and should work.

	Change it in the "REWRITE CONFIGURATION" section of
	/etc/exim.conf

	The default never seems to work for me so I added this -
	*@debian.local    x.y.f@home.com    bcfrF

	"debian.local" being the name of my local machine and
	"x.y.f@home.com" is my real email address.  I would think that
	should do it for you.
	hth,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."