Re: LILO Problem

Bob Billson wrote:

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 08:05:13AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:

well actually two questions.  First, is it easy to pass parameters to the
kernel like with lilo.conf's 'append='?

Yes, just press "c" when grub's menu shows (spending time for the defined delay).

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear.  I should have said does grub
have the equivalent of lilo's /etc/lilo.conf where an equivalent 'append='
line goes?  That avoids have to press 'c' and entry to info.

Yes, it's the /boot/grub/menu.lst.
You can have:
title mylinux
kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 single <other kernel params>

in the menu.lst.

Well, at least that's what I think (I don't use Lilo that much).

BTW, speaking about reiserfs, I just noticed that the Grub on stable Debian doesn't have support for reiserfs; Woody Grub has it.

Oki