Re: Any Linux-based PhotoID software?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 03:50:03PM -0700, Jason Mogavero wrote:
| Any of you WINE folks know if there's serial/parallel support for Win32
| apps?

WINE can print to a parallel printer.  But I think it sends it through
lpd.

| My university creates ID cards for students using a small camera
| attached to a Windows box running PhotoCard software. I am getting
| mighty tired of trying to keep this Winblows box running. Does anyone
| have any leads on high-quality photo imaging/idcard-generating software
| that'll run on Debian (or even some other Linux distro - at this point
| I'd even settle for a DOS-based solution)?
|
| Thanks!

For generating the ID cards, you could use gimp or xfig or write your
own python tool (using PIL).  (gimp is scriptable using Scheme)  I
seem to recall something about digital cameras and Debian/Linux not
too long ago.  Search some archives.  Try the gnome-list archives
also.

-D