GDM keeps reloading

Hello.  I hope someone can help me with this configuration issue.

I just upgraded to xf86-4 and since then I can't login to x - it just
keeps reloading the login box for root and users.  The xserver is fine
w/ resolutions and fonts, but the upgrade seems to have disabled gnome
session authorization or something.  Login is fine at the console for
both root and users.  It did disable x from listening on tcp, but I'm
not sure that should matter.

I can't find anything in my logs and I hope someone can point me to the
config file that might be causing this.

Thanks for any input.
Steve