Re: webcam support for linux?

Andreas,

If you are looking for a dedicated webcam, have a look at
www.axis.com. They have a webcam (that looks like a camera, not a
computer) that runs Linux and has a built in web server and
networking. I haven't used it but the review in Linux Journal
impressed me. It costs $499.

Also, try "apt-get show webcam". I haven't used this either but the
name suggests it might be what you're looking for :-)

Liam