From: cdryburgh [mailto:cdryburgh@logisil.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 9:52 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: X Window Manager

Have got an old 386 with Debian Linux on it. Have loaded X and am
looking for a window manager for it. There are a lot of them. I was
hopping that if I give some specs that someone could narrow down the
list.

1. Have limited memory resources so must not use much.
2. Have small monitor 14". Must allow for maximum screen viewing.
3. I am a programmer so will probably be doing GUI's and CORBA related
stuff at some point.

The ICEWM looks like a possibility to me. Any other opinions.

Loaded on Debian 2.2. There is a keyboard error that is nonfatal to X
that shows up. Will have to post the exact error message later.

Chris