Re: X Window Manager

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, cdryburgh wrote:

-|Have got an old 386 with Debian Linux on it. Have loaded X and am
-|looking for a window manager for it. There are a lot of them. I was
-|hopping that if I give some specs that someone could narrow down the
-|list.
-|
-|1. Have limited memory resources so must not use much.
-|2. Have small monitor 14". Must allow for maximum screen viewing.
-|3. I am a programmer so will probably be doing GUI's and CORBA related
-|stuff at some point.
-|
-|The ICEWM looks like a possibility to me. Any other opinions.
-|
-|Loaded on Debian 2.2. There is a keyboard error that is nonfatal to X
-|that shows up. Will have to post the exact error message later.
-|
-|Chris
-|

I like, and use, xfce3. Small, fast, not a resource hog.
See: http://www.xfce.net
To install use "apt-get install xfce" from unstable

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com