Re: Jazip config problem

Giulio Morgan wrote:

> I installed jazip yesterday (from "testing"), and I have not been able to
> configure the tool successfully, or to mount my internal zip drive. From the
> start up messages, it appears that the Zip drive is seen:
>
> Jan  4 16:47:23 pieno kernel: hdc: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI Floppy, ATAPI FLOPPY

Jazip does its magic using low-level SCSI commands.  As such, the
ATAPI version of the Zip is supported in Jazip through SCSI
emulation in the kernel.

You can use your Zip _now_ without Jazip's helpful interface
(using mount, etc).  If you wish to use Jazip, recompile your
kernel enabling SCSI emulation.  If you do this, your ATAPI Zip
drive will be detected at bootup as a SCSI disk (e.g. /dev/sda)
instead of /dev/hdc.

Hope this helps.

Your friendly Debian Jazip maintainer,
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada