Re: Slow responses

OK i've built a server to run a Linux/Apache/Mysql/PHP setup on.

It works pretty well and we're happy with it. But i've statred hearing about Software RAID. Our budget won't run to SCSI or a RAID controller.

But we could stick in a second HD on the other IDE controller.

Would this be worthwhile? How hard is it to set up a software raid? what do I do? does it matter that i want the whole OS as well as the data storage mirrored?

I'm willing to take a speed hit in order to pick up a good fault-tolerance.

Thanks in advance.. John