Re: Slow responses

D-Man wrote:
> Just an FYI,  it seems that my outgoing mail takes quite a while to
> reach the list.  (I don't believe it is the list's fault)  My message Re the c++ compiler was sent several hours
> ago, but just arrived in my folder.  After sending my message I
> received the message from other people sent around the same time as me
> (even after!).
> This is just to avoid any flames about being behind schedule and just
> mimicking other peoples messages.  (I have already received such a
> message)

Hpmh. Email can take rather arbitrarily long to get from point a to
point b (of course this is less true than it used to be..). I'm writing
this on a net-disconnected laptop; the mail may not leave my laptop's
queue until as late as sometime tomrrow morning when it automatically
powers itself on and sends out queued mail over the network card I will
hopefully remember to put in the laptop tonight.

The moral is, if you're going to flame someone for being redundant, look
at their message's Date header first.

see shy jo