Re: Slow responses

D-Man wrote:
> Just an FYI,  it seems that my outgoing mail takes quite a while to
> reach the list.  (I don't believe it is the list's fault)  My message Re the c++ compiler was sent several hours
> ago, but just arrived in my folder.  After sending my message I
> received the message from other people sent around the same time as me
> (even after!).
>
> This is just to avoid any flames about being behind schedule and just
> mimicking other peoples messages.  (I have already received such a
> message)

Hpmh. Email can take rather arbitrarily long to get from point a to
point b (of course this is less true than it used to be..). I'm writing
this on a net-disconnected laptop; the mail may not leave my laptop's
queue until as late as sometime tomrrow morning when it automatically
powers itself on and sends out queued mail over the network card I will
hopefully remember to put in the laptop tonight.

The moral is, if you're going to flame someone for being redundant, look
at their message's Date header first.

--
see shy jo