Re: nis/nfs/automounter

To quote Daniel Hearn <dhearn@svsinc.com>,
# Hey, having a problem with my debian box here, was wondering if anyone
# has had this problem before.  I have made my box an nfs server, and I
# have my home directory located on it.  I want to be able to automount
my
# home directory when I log into another machine on the network.  I am
# using NIS for authentication.  I can authenticate successfully, and I
# can even mount my home directory from another box.  The only problem
is
# that unless I mount it on the Local machine, it is read-only.  So
# basically, I just want to be able to write to my home directory from
# another computer.  Any clues?  Let me know if you need more info.

Yeah, check out 'man exports'. The file you want is /etc/exports(which
you probably already know).

You probably want something like:

/home other.computer(rw,no_root_squash)

Dave