Help: Gnome and sound

Hello!

After updating to the current Gnome version in Debian/unstable I have a
problem with /dev/dsp:

Test: wavp/mpg123 playing wave/mp3 files

Sound works well from the console. It even works from an xsession (gdm
stopped)
After starting gdm and within an gnome session I'm unable to use
/dev/dsp. wavp tells me that it could'nt initialize dsp and mpg123 gives
the message that open_oss() couldn't open /dev/dsp. When I swith over to
console both programs are able to play the desired files.
I know that this is a problem with some permissions, but I don't know
what has been changed since the last version. Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Berthold Cogel