Re: Trouble Setting Up DSL

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Jason Dawe wrote:

> During the install I loaded the Epic 100 module, and entered the above
> values in the Configure Network option. I assumed this would be enough to
> let me access the Internet.

Are you using the same network card. If not, you may need to register
your new hardware address.

> However, after completing the installation and rebooting I could not connect
> to any sites, nor could I ping any servers. For example if I do a 'ftp
> ftp.debian.org' it instantly tells me it is not found. (It takes no time at
> all; doesn't even seem to look)

Try a ping or ftp using the IP address. If this works then
check /etc/resolv.conf for the lines pointing to your nameservers.

Hope this helps.

T.J. (Terry) Carney.

* Selterra Communications                     info@selterra.com *