Re: trouble getting fetchmail to start SOLVED

To quote Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org>,
# By the way, is there any reliable way to capture all the messages
# which go to the console on system startup? dmesg and the various files
# in /var/log do not get everything that shows on the screen--for
# example, fetchmail's complaint when it couldn't find a system.

Here's what I do.

All various Sxx<script> files are launched from /etc/init.d/rcS . On my
system, lines 49 and 54 start them. At the end of those lines, I add
"2>&1 | tee /var/log/boot-messages", which lets the messages display on
the terminal, and also be captured in /var/log/boot-messages.

I'm sure there are different, and possibly better ways of doing it.

Dave