Re: How send mail one user to another/One account?

On 5 Jan 2001, Jonathan Gift <jgift@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what your setup is

> I have one  account with my ISP but have set up two users.

"Two users" at the ISP, right?

> Now my SO can
> send me mail from MS Outlook,

Is this on a LAN, or what? Does the email have to go out of your SO's
system to your ISP and then to your system is what I'm trying to
establish (and of course what the reverse path should be).

> but I can't sem to send out without it
> bouncing straight to me in folder with a can't find sort of msgs.

Probably if you post a copy of the message then it will be more
helpful, for example in identifying exactly which piece of s/w thinks
your SO doesn't exist (maybe its just jealous?).

> Details:
> Original account jgift@wanadoo.fr
> Added kgift@wanadoo.fr
>
> I'm using Mutt, Procmail and Fetchmail.

And exim or some other MTA?

> There has to be a way of telling
> one of them to let kgift@wanadoo.fr mail out of the system.

This is what makes me wonder, you see. Does the email /have/ to go
out of the system, or could you just run a pop3 server locally from
where your SO could collect email with Outlook. This would be a
better solution if you have networked PCs, but you could also try
Post-Its :-)