Re: Some refreshing news
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Some refreshing news
- From: "Gary Jones" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:08:48 +0100
- Message-id: <3A575120.3508.D961D9@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: firstname.lastname@example.org's message of "Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:10:09 -0800"
On 5 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> email@example.com writes:
> > upgraded my motherboard and CPU last night (from a Pentium 75 to a
> > Celeron 500). The system is a dual boot system (Debian Linux, and
> > Windows 95). I have been unable to boot into Windows (lots of errors,
> > graphics look horrible, and finally kills me with a fatal error), but I
> > have had no problems with getting back into Linux! I will have to
> > reinstall Windows to see if I can get it working again (if they had kids
> > learning games for Linux I would get rid of Windows entirely, but until
> > then I am stuck with it)
> create a debian boot-disk before you reinstall windows; windows will clear
> the MBR (master boot record) during installation.
Indeed. Obviously you wouldn't possibly want to have any other OS on
your 'puter as well.