Re: lilo.conf

To quote Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>,
# I am working on the Debian package of lilo and am writing code for
# auto-generating lilo.conf files.
#
# Below is an example of the type of lilo.conf that can be generated.
The
# debconf asks whether you want boot or boot-menu as the boot loader, it
asks
# what VGA mode you want, what parameters to append, and what DOS
partitions to
# setup with the "other=" settings.  The rest is inferred from the
running
# system.
#
# If your lilo.conf has things that aren't in this which you think
should be in
# debconf then please do an anonymous ftp to ivanova.coker.com.au and
upload it
# to the incoming directory.  I'll try and make the next version do what
you
# require.

Doesn't look to shabby :) I'm assuming that the paths to drives and
partitions are gleaned from current system settings, right? :)

Anyways, I have 'lba32' in my main lilo.conf section. For more recent
LILOs(anything after 21.6, I think - though I could be off), it'll allow
for booting kernel images past the 8.4G(1024th cylinder) mark.

Thanks for your work,

Dave