Outdated packages in unstable: what to do?

Hi there

I was wondering why there are some small packages that are not upgraded even
when a new release that fixes some bugs and doesn't bring any new
incompatibilities is out?

I was thinking of xqf, qstat or mozilla for instance

On the other hand, some very important packages that are likely to break some
stuff are updated very often (like glibc 2.2, perl-5.6, XFree 4.0.x

What should I do? Report it as a bug, mail the maintainer, or just be patient
and wait for someone to upgrade the package?