Re: configuring sendmail

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 03:26:18PM +0000, Sergio Matos wrote:
> staf wagemakers wrote:
>
> > Normally if sendmail rejects mail for any reason ( unresolvable domains,
> > relaying denied, too many hops etc. ) the sender will be notified by email.
> >
> > You don't have to configure anything for this behaviour...
> >

> Thanks, but I wonder if I can write my own messages.

It's possible to customize sendmail messages.

When you add:

define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG',`Welcome to our mailserver')

to your sendmail.mc, rebuild your sendmail.cf and restart sendmail. You'll
get "Welcome to our mailserver" as sendmail's greeting message.

It's also possible set "confREJECT_MSG", but I never used it...

cheers,

--
Staf Wagemakers

email      : staf@digibel.org