Re: what to download?

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 11:46:35PM +1000, Norton Seron wrote:
> Hi. i would like to down load Debian and try it after a horrible experience with redhat and mandrake, problem is.....i cant figure out what to download. Could someone please answer this email and provide explicit fool-proof instructions on exactly what directories i need to down load from the FTP server. I wish to save it to my HDD and install it from there.
> i am starting with a generic workstation install. (i will play with the advanced stuff after i can finally get a distro installed)
>
> if this helps here is a list of system specs.
>
> slot 1 P3 600mhz
> Geforce2 mx
> SB live value
> realtek 8139b 10/100 PCI NIC
> acer 50x cdrom
> acer external modem
> Logitech USB mouse (have ps2 also)
> ADI MicroScan 5P 17" monitor
> Soltek DV56 slot 1 motherboard
>
> i believe that my monitor/video card combined prevented RedHat from starting X, and Mandrake was just DOG SLOW.

	The first thing you need to do is read the installation
	instructions at -
	http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install
	That is assuming i386.  There are other architectures supported
	and installation instructions for them.  That should get you a
	good start.
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."