Re: mouse configuration

Kent West wrote:

Mithras wrote:

<snip>

After installing Debian for the first time (but not Linux), I
discovered the mouse wasn't working.

<snip>

Besides this mouse problem, I'd just like to say how *pleased* I've
been with Debian.  The default X environment (what I've been able to
see of it) and Xdm are gorgeous, and when I discovered that xdm & my
mouse problem conspired to keep me from a console or xterm prompt, I
really appreciated finding the shell prompt available from the boot
CD.

<snip>

Some window managers (such as ICEWM) allow you to access the menu with a Ctrl-ESC key sequence; then you can arrow around and <ENTER> to choose things from the menu, such as xterm. Alternatively, you can always CTRL-ALT-Fx to switch to the virtual terminal corresponding to "x" (CTRL-ALT-F1 will go to the first VT, CTRL-ALT-F2 to the second VT, etc). CTRL-ALT-F7 (in most cases) should get you back to X.

Kent