Re: Monolithic kernels and init scripts

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 01:00:16AM +0100, scr wrote:

> Thank you very much for your suggestions and the patch against
> /etc/init.d/kerneld you supplied. Well, for your patch: this
> doesn´t apply cleanly to my (plain potato) kerneld script, but
> I got the idea. ;-)

odd that it didn't apply cleanly, i made it against a potato kerneld
script... (maybe your not following security updates, modutils was
upgraded about 5 times to fix the same bug recently...)

(or maybe it was because you needed -p2 the [lazy] way i made the
patch)

> The source of my troubles with the modutils script might be the
> fact that I tried to boot my hand-rolled kernel from another
> directory than /boot (the other script I complained about,
> /etc/init.d/modutils, seems to get fooled because /boot is
> present, but I´m not booting from there).

i don't see why that should matter really, i know people to just drop
the kernel in / and things work properly.  you do need to put the
System.map-`uname -r` in /boot or else some things may complain.

> Not in the current state of my research/newbieness/whatever.

ok, ill check woody's modutils and see if this bug is still there and
if so file a bug against it.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/