Re: reinstall windows?

Sebastiaan schrieb:

> Oooops, forgot something. Swapping partitions is not the same as swapping
> the disks. For this I used a bios swap in lilo:
> other=/dev/hdb1
>         label=dos
>         table=/dev/hdb
>         map-drive=0x80
>         to=0x81
>         map-drive=0x81
>         to=0x80
>
> This swaps the drives on BIOS level, so windows thinks it is on the first
> disk.

Nice to know that this can be done in lilo.   ;-)

But I wouldn´t go that way. Consider W9x (or even DOS)
had to be reinstalled in the future. Simply booting off
of a DOS/W9x floppy or a W9x installation CD would
short-circuit this lilo trick ... (although a lilo-
wizard should be able to boot off of all those media
from lilo)

Regards,
scr