Re: reinstall windows?

That is true, but windows also does not like being installed on a scsi
harddisk when booted from floppy. Some bioses can only set their
bootsequence to A:, C:, SCSI or SCSI, A:, C:, so the latter works fine
when windoze is installed because bios maps the scsi bootable drive to be
no1 (just like lilo). However, when starting from a floppy and you have
installed windoze on the scsi disk and you have a ide hd, you will have
the same problem as described below.

If you need to reinstall windows again, boot from floppy, copy or modify
your bootfiles from floppy to your harddisk so when you boot from harddisk
you have acces to your cdrom. When you did this, there is no problem
installing windoze (besides it erases your mbr). Same thing must be done
when using a LILO configuration as described below. But when everything
works, it works fine.

Greetings,
Sebastiaan