Re: MST7MDT timezone broken?

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 at 01:23:34 -0600 Scott Barker wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the MST7MDT timezone, should
> we not be on MDT now? On my slink machines, the time correctly
> adjusted last night, but on my potato system, it did not. If I'm
> not mistaken, I'll file a bug report...
>
> --
> Scott Barker       scott@mostlylinux.ab.ca
> Linux Consultant   http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott

Scott,

I had a similar experience with EST5EDT on potato, and posted a query
about it to debian-user (subject: "daylight savings time problem with
potato?").  My query was met with a stunning silence.  I do see a few
small indications (such as your query) that something really is amiss,
but I see no answer to your question in the archive.  Did you get a
direct reply that was helpful?  Did you open a bug?  Am I dreaming,
or are some of the libc6 tzone files messed up?

I'm not a Linux (or Debian) newbie, and I think I know what I'm doing,
but the general silence on this matter has me wondering.  Maybe I've
slipped through a time warp ;-)?

Thanks, Mike Touloumtzis

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis		mailto:toumi01@ca.com	-or-