Re: debian + red hat linux

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> Hi Cris,
>
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 DebianBeast@aol.com wrote:
>
> > /hda1 2.5 gig. debian
> > /hda2 1.5 gig  red hat
> > /hda3 115 meg. swap.
> >
> > i dont have partition magic but i would like to know if it is possible to
> > install debian (with booting from hard drive) and then install red hat linux
> > on the second partition and then set it up so i can choose which i want to
> > use.
>
> It should be possible somehow.

	I have Slackware paralell to my main Debian instalation.
	What I did was put the Slackware vmlinuz-image in a dir
	I named /lilo.
	I don't know if this is helpful but I found this the
	the best way for me to keep things in order.

	I booted into slackware from floppy, mounted the Debian
	partition and then copied the bootimage to /lilo rebooted
	into Debian and ran /sbin/lilo (I had already edited my
	/etc/lilo.conf) and everything works very nicely.

	Not beeing a Linux guru I hope somebody will sound of if there
	is anything wrong with this setup.

	Jonas Anderson

------------- exampel lilo.conf-----------------------------------------

	boot=/dev/hda1