Re: debian + red hat linux

Hi Cris,

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 DebianBeast@aol.com wrote:

> /hda1 2.5 gig. debian
> /hda2 1.5 gig  red hat
> /hda3 115 meg. swap.
>
> i dont have partition magic but i would like to know if it is possible to
> install debian (with booting from hard drive) and then install red hat linux
> on the second partition and then set it up so i can choose which i want to
> use.

It should be possible somehow. This weekend I managed to install the
Debian 2.2 base system on my computer parallel to the already existing
RedHat 5.2. I had to fiddle a little bit, since I am not yet too
familiar with my computer (RedHat was preinstalled) and the slightly
different installing procedure of potato.

I just cannot tell you exact details how to do this on your computer,
since I am using a different platform (Alpha) which has a boot
selector possibility in its BIOS included and my computer has two
harddisk drives, one exclusively for RedHat, the other for Debian.

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de