Re: Help with module problems on Upgrade to 2.1

At 05:30 PM 04/01/2000 -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
     It sounds like the samba on the CD has bad dependencies, or the
library versions changed between when that samba was built and when
the CD was made.

-- I re-did a dselect with another 2.1 CD, this time R4, and it fixed everything!

Thanks.

I thought that apt-get would get all the newest stuff from the web iste, but apparently it didn't.

Greg

     The apt-get update messages you quote indicate you have
http.us.debian.org in sources.list, but you say you are using the 2.1
CD.  If you have the mirror in /etc/apt/sources.list, and are still on
line when you do apt-get install samba, apt should download samba and
samba-common, and then install them.  Since you have removed the old
samba, apt-get update would not retrieve the samba packages.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>