Removing emacs20 and woody sources.list

New year, new set-up?  Maybe not going quite that far, but - how do I purge
emacs from my potato system.  It is emacs20, and when I try I get warnings
about dependencies from hyperlatex  "on which task-latex depends". and I
need latex and all it's works.   Is there a way to dig emacs out?

On another subject - can anyone send me  functioning sources.list lines for
woody and woody source?  At the moment I have these

deb http://download.sourceforge.net/debian woody main non-free contrib

deb-src http://download.sourceforge.net/debian woody main non-free contrib

they don't work!

Have a good new year!

With thanks in davnace,

Glyn M

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of it's parts. " *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *