Re: Removing emacs20 and woody sources.list

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 08:07:29AM +0000, Glyn Millington wrote:

> New year, new set-up?  Maybe not going quite that far, but - how do I purge
> emacs from my potato system.  It is emacs20, and when I try I get warnings
> about dependencies from hyperlatex  "on which task-latex depends". and I
> need latex and all it's works.   Is there a way to dig emacs out?

you can use apt-get:

apt-get --purge remove vim er emacs20 ;-)

> On another subject - can anyone send me  functioning sources.list lines for
> woody and woody source?  At the moment I have these
>

> deb http://download.sourceforge.net/debian woody main non-free contrib
>
> deb-src http://download.sourceforge.net/debian woody main non-free contrib

well not knowing how sourceforge's mirror is setup those look correct,
maybe their mirror is broken since package pools were deployed.

here is debian's http mirror i use, though i use it for potato i think
testing (woody) should be fine.

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main

note these are current symlinks on debian:

stable -> potato
testing -> woody
unstable -> sid

sid will never be released, it is permanent unstable.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/