Re: Another Question Re: diskless debian

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 04:18:43PM +0100, Dietmar Schultz wrote:

:I'm happy with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/), which
:you can use to create a ROM-Image loaded via BootROM, bootdisk or
:LiLo. The image receives the kernel as NetBootImage using tftp or nfs.
:Configure the netbootimage to use the values from boot-rom.

I'll check that out.

:If you enable 'IP: kernel-level configuration support' and its options
:*and* NFS filesystem support (not as a module!) 'Root file system on
:NFS (NEW)' will appear under NFS support. Shurely, your network
:interface must not be a module.

the boot kernel is non-modular, I must have missed something I thought
I enabled, try try again...

Thanks,
Jon