Re: lilo

Peter Horton wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 06:59:50PM +0200, Stefaans Mostert wrote:
> >
> > Well I was wondering can one transfer lilo onto a stiffy and boot from
> > that?
> >

> dd if=<partition with LILO boot record> of=/dev/fd0 count=1
>
> Alternatively change the line "boot=" in /etc/lilo.conf to point
> at the floppy and then re-run LILO.
>
> HTH
>
> P.
>
> --
O.K thanx
Just another question.
I have a /boot partition and if I dd it onto a stiffy will it fit?
My biggest problem here is it must go to a machine that had it's mbr
overwritten by doze
and I need to have a quick solution if it happenes again.So will it not
freak out if I put it on another machine and it tries to boot compressed
kernel wich is in boot?
I actually found an answer and fixed it so this is of purely academical
interest.

Cheers

Stefaans