Re: Find: how do you exclude multiple directories?

On 23 Dec 2000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Anthony Campbell <a.campbell@doctors.org.uk> wrote:
> >How can you use find to exclude more than one directory?
> >
> >I have:
> >	find /home/ac/ -path '/home/ac/.netscape' -prune -o -print
> >
> >This excludes ~/.netscape but I can't add any more directories to this
> >list.  Is it possible to do so?
>
> Add more '-path whatever -prune -o' phrases after the first one?
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                     [cjw44@flatline.org.uk]

Yes, thanks, this seems to work. I thought I'd tried it late last night and
it didn't, but I must have been getting pretty cross-eyed by then..

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."