Re: Q: Hiding M$ Exchange behind a firewall ?

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 04:24:16PM +0100, Michael Steiner wrote:
> In which way should it be done ?
> Installing an MTA (which one?)on the Debian-box or to transfer all
> traffic directly to the internal net by forwarding(how to do this ?).

Give sendmail a mailertable entry. From memory (will prolly be wrong so
double-check me):

*		smtp:exchange.blah.net

should work. this'll make sendmail divert everything that it gets to
exchange.blah.net.

another way to do it would be to put a tcp proxy on the linux box. this'd
listen on port 25 on the proxy box and open up a link to port 25 on the
exchange box whenever a connection happens.

yet another way to do it would be with NAT but you'd need 2.4.x for that.

Hope this helps.

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)

	'We do more then just sing and dance. We've got a brain too.'
		-- The Backstreet Boys