Re: swap space and memory

I think you are right nate.  When I started with Linux a couple years
ago, the 2.0 series was current (like 2.0.36 or something).  It was
then that I read in a how-to that even if you make a really big swap
partition, only 128MB would be used.

Last night I tried to confirm this with my current 2.2.16 kernel but
was able to use all 244MB available.

-D