Re: lilo

Stefaans Mostert wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Well I was wondering can one transfer lilo onto a stiffy and boot from
> that?
>
> Scenario:
> You reinstall windows (wich is on the same drive as linux) and it
> overwrites your mbr.After wich you suddenly and to your horror discover
> that the dog lying in the corner looks so content beacause he has just
> devouered you bootdisk!!
>
> What now?
> I realize you will need lilo.conf in there somewhere to specify your
> root partition.
>
> I am not searching the mail archives (witch I normally do) but posting
> to all my groups beacause this is an emergency.
> So forgive me if it was already explained

although it probably won't help now, in the future it may save some
pain.
when dual booting between linux and win32 i always have the c: a fat16
partition and have a copy of loadlin with a working kernel so i can load
from a dos prompt if needed(faster then having to track down a bootdisk
or make a new one or find the install cd ..)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336