Re: NE2000 ISA NIC setup

--- Dwight Johnson <dwj@aaronsrod.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, John Griffiths wrote:
>
> > trying to do a new install on a box with an
> NE2000 NIC

> I was never able to get this done in the
> install. I completed the install
> without networking and then, after some
> research, placed:

funny, I had this very same problem lastnight!!
I was stumped. I looked in the documents on
debian.org and found this. I'm at work now so I
can't try this until tonight. Does anyone know if
this will configure a network card?

-----
7.13 ``Configure Device Driver Modules''
Select the ``Configure Device Driver Modules''
menu item to configure device drivers, that is,
kernel modules.
We recommend that you only bother to configure
devices which are required for the installation
process and not already detected by the kernel.
Many people do not need to run this step at all.
For instance, you may need to explicitly load a
network interface card driver from the net
section, a SCSI disk driver in the scsi section,
or a driver for a proprietary CD-ROM in the cdrom
section. The devices you configure will be loaded
automatically whenever your system boots.
At any point after the system is installed, you
can reconfigure your modules with the modconf
program.
----
I found this at:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.en.html

if anyone tries this, let me know if it works..
but I am going to try this tonight anyways...

goodluck!

xucaen