Re: crontab

Wesley Wannemacher <wawannem@nc.edu> writes:
WW> The preferred (Debian) way to change this would be to
WW> update-alternatives. Set the editor alternative to your favorite text
WW> editor.

Only if you want to change it for every user on your system and you
have root.  I'd leave editor set to something users would find
relatively unsurprising (which unfortunately probably means
Emacs...mmm, bloat), but set $EDITOR and $VISUAL to my personal
preference (in this case, vim).

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell