mc keeps reverting to sort by "Modify time"

I have installed helix gnome on my potato system.  This has given me
mc version 4.5.51-helix3.  For some reason my sort order seems
strangely attracted to "Modify time".  I can change it to "Name" and
it will stay that way even after exiting and starting again later.
But, after logging out and rebooting, it's back to "Modify time".
Anyone know why?

--
Scott V. McGuire <svmcguir@syr.edu>
I lost my GnuPG Key.  Nobody ever sent me the secret plans anyway.