Re: Which IMAP server to use

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 06:05:58PM -0500, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 12:56:53PM -0500, Martin Würtele wrote:
> > you can also try courier-imap, it uses mailbox format and supports ssl if
> > openssl is installed.
>
> According to http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/:
>
> > This IMAP server does NOT handle traditional mailbox files (/var/spool/mail,
> > and derivatives), it was written for the specific purpose of providing IMAP
> > access to Maildirs.
>
> Did something change?

strange, on my potato box it works fine and I can read mail by using pop3
access (cucipop running) or imap or imaps (courier) and have no problems.

hmmm

"This package allows users to read mailboxes stored on the server machine.

It supports mailboxes written in the Maildir format used by Qmail or Exim.
It also supports the use of authentication via PAM, e.g. for passwords
stored in an LDAP directory."

ok, i have it running with exim, that might be the solution.

martin